[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits [Client stuff for doing visualizations over rtsp.]

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Thu May 5 17:25:24 UTC 2005

On Thursday 05 May 2005 12:57 pm, Simon Kenyon wrote:

> > It is now possible to play music using the mfe where:
> >
> >     1. The visualization is on one host (where the mfe is)
> >     2. The decoding is on another host (where the mfd is)
> >     3. The speakers are on a still different host (another mfd)
> >     4. The content is on still yet another host (another mfd/iTunes/etc.)
> >     5. Other mfe viz's and or speakers on even more hosts can be sync'd

 Almost forgot, kick the whole thing off from a web browser on even still yet
another host.

> i see you are working on visualisations
> goom (my visualisation of choice in mythmusic) is well out of sync with the
> original source. would you consider syncing up with it as part of your
> plans. the latest goom has some nice features (being able to specifiy the
> math used to generate the images in an interpreted language).

 I'll take a quick look, but can't promise anything. I have about a bazillion
things on the mfd/mfe todo list, and polishing visualizations (as opposed to
make them possible) is not high on the list  :-)

- thor