[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Thu May 5 16:58:14 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 16:15 -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> The one anomaly was the TVout from a "GeForce4 MX 420" was correct
> for all negative values and positive values up to 3%. At four
> percent or higher, the fields were off by one scan line causing
> doubled horizontal edges. This was not the case for TVout from
> a 5200 or monitor output so I believe this was an anomaly of
> that card/driver rather than a miscalculation.
Hmmm, I'm using a GeForce 4 MX. I just added a fix for this
that does overscan compensation when the overscan is greater
than or equal to 5%. It does get one scan line off, but then
never gets worse (like it did before). But if this is a
GeForce 4 MX problem only then we should detect this and only
do this compensation in this one case.

Do people generally use an overscan >= 5%?

> Here is the output from a 1400x1050 monitor. 640x480 GUI with
> fullscreen playback and vertical overscan at +6% . The values
> appear to be correct including xv_dest_y_incr=2 to account for
> the scaling.
Sounds good.

-- Daniel