[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv siparser changes....

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Thu May 5 16:51:33 UTC 2005

Quoting Stuart Auchterlonie <stuarta at squashedfrog.net>:
> > >While we are talking about major TODOs there will be a need for a
> > >mechanism for the frontend to tell the backend which PIDs it wants.

> > I think this would be much simpler done if the backend simply records all
> > streams given in the channel description. The front end can then pick and
> > choose which streams to play. This will allows you to record interactive
> > content, teletext, subtitles... and then maybe later when viewing select
> > the stream you want to listen/watch though the interactive interface or a
> > manually cycle through all (suspected) audio/video streams.

> What about when you need to pick a program off a different transport
> stream?

Sounds like an issue that will make InteractiveTV only really usable when using
livetv and caught up..  I never really understood how one would use mheg from a
recording with the type of setup you are talking about over there in the UK
unless you recording the entire transport stream but that sure would eat up hdd
space quick..