[mythtv] [PLUGIN] Key binding editor (MythControls)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu May 5 13:41:48 UTC 2005

Micah F. Galizia wrote:

>That sounds like an excuse to me!  Correct me if I am wrong, but to use
>LIRC, every single app you want to use already has to have added support
>for the LIRC client libraries.  If they can support LIRC, then why not
>the Linux input layer?

You are wrong. ;)

The path of least resistance for using remotes is to use the irxevent
application that's included with lirc.  This allows ANY application
(that accepts X events for input) to receive remote input as though it
had been entered with a keyboard. This allows for all kinds of
applications to be used without hassle.