[mythtv] [PLUGIN] Key binding editor (MythControls)

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu May 5 12:13:41 UTC 2005

Bruce Markey wrote:

> Donavan, while you are looking at way to simplify the user options,
> maybe it might be worth considering having an Advanced Options
> module so that the pages and pages of the more arcane options
> don't need to be in the binaries at all but are still accessible
> by installing the module.

Ideally I'd like to introduce the concept of a "user experience level"
much like Xine has so that every setting has an associated level with it
and settings higher than the current users experience level don't get
shown.  The only problem with that is we'd end up with some screens only
having one or two items in them, so it needs to be done as part of the
settings UI rewrite for MythUI.