[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv siparser changes....

Charlie Brej brejc8 at vu.a.la
Thu May 5 07:14:31 UTC 2005

Yeah the original patch is patchy but I don't think this patch is perfect
either. Basically this picks off the first descriptor_tag. I did run a few scans
to look for such a 'tell' but it isn't that easy. I hacked about the dvbscan
util to tell me more info about the streams it doesn't know about (I can send
you a patch).  From what I have seen yeah the audio streams have an 0x0A tag on
them and they are easy to recognize. But the both the Audio and Video streams
have the 0x52 tag on them (the audio usually has the 0x0A first though).  So the
patch seems correct unless they change the order of these tags.

Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> While we are talking about major TODOs there will be a need for a
> mechanism for the frontend to tell the backend which PIDs it wants.

I think this would be much simpler done if the backend simply records all
streams given in the channel description. The front end can then pick and choose
which streams to play. This will allows you to record interactive content,
teletext, subtitles... and then maybe later when viewing select the stream you
want to listen/watch though the interactive interface or a manually cycle
through all (suspected) audio/video streams.
--
         Charlie Brej
APT Group, Dept. Computer Science, University of Manchester