[mythtv] ebuilds for all myth components in cvs

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Wed May 4 23:30:43 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 13:59, Joel David Elkins wrote:
> Patch attached. Don't know if this is consistent with your philosophy
> for handling CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS, but it works for me on x86 and amd64.

looking at your diff i see what you mean
IMHO, the mythtv configure script is "sort of" counter to the gentoo way

so do you let it do its job or do you override it with the FLAGS from portage

not sure if there is a single answer. i decided to let the configure script do
all its mmx/CFLAG/CXXFLAG stuff itself. i suppose i should have overridden it

i really wish that they had used autoconf/automake
the argument about making the download bigger does not make much sense to me
bandwidth can hardly be the reason - can it?
it would also have been nice if all the parts mythtv and the plugins had used
the same system. and indeed had all been released as a single source tree

but you can't have everything

i suspect i'll get flamed for saying that
but
an opinion
entitled
to have