[mythtv] ThreadedFileWriter commit

Kyle Rose krose+mythtv at krose.org
Tue May 3 21:46:42 UTC 2005

> What woud happen to the file if the backend was unable to write some data
> and then later succeeds in writing?
> Maybe mpeg2 files can handle this, but what about nupplevideo type nuv
> files? Woudn't that result in a corrupt file after the point where it failed
> to write for a while?

I put this in the category of "grab as much info as possible, and let
the player sort it out later" problems.  As far as I can tell, the
backend simply fails, and no more data is captured for the remainder of
the recording, which is strictly worse.

Restarting the recording (i.e., into different file) is another
possibility.  Any preferences?

Cheers,
Kyle