[mythtv] Re: Another data point for the new XvMC stuff

Mark Frey markfrey at fastmail.fm
Tue May 3 02:27:28 UTC 2005

> On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 11:37 -0700, Mark Frey wrote:
> > This also works poorly for me. I get many glitches and pauses, even on SD
> > material. Unaccelerated playback is fine.
> > I'm using an Nvidia fx5200 with the patched 7169 drivers.
> Your card should be fast enough, unless the fan is broken and it's
> running at partial speed. My GX5200 runs glxgears at around 2000 fps,
> you should be getting something similar.
>
> > > 2005-04-30 09:14:02.486 Couldn't get the color key color, and we need it.
> > You likely won't get any video.
> >
> > Could this be causing my problems? How do I fix this?
> If you see any video it isn't causing your problem. You probably want to
> try
> a working video driver however. I'm using nvidia's 66.29 drivers.
>
> > Playback log:
> > 2005-04-30 09:14:02.444 XvMCSurfaceTypes::find(w 1280, h 1, chroma 1, vld 0,
> > idct 1, mpeg2, sub-width 0, sub-height 0, disp, p<= 177, 1770 <=p, port,
> > surfNum)
> This shouldn't cause a problem, but you may wish to update to CVS.
>
> > 2005-04-30 09:14:03.511 A/V diverged by -4.12468 frames, dropping frame to
> > keep audio in sync
> Have you tried using "Extra Audio Buffering"?
>
> > 2005-04-30 09:14:03.943 AddInheritence past      F   NOT in used or in done.
> > AALLAAAU
> This indicates that your computer can not keep up with filling the
> XvMC buffers. This is unusual, are you sure mtrr and AGP are working?
> When you run dmesg are there a lot of complaints from the kernel?
>
> -- Daniel

 Well I found my problem, your asking about glxgears led me to it.
 glxgears was pegged at 60 because I had sync to vblank on (both for
 opengl and xvideo). I turned this off to check my glxgears score and
 voila, XvMC works fine for me now. It is odd because the old XvMC stuff
 didn't seem to suffer from sync to vblank being on, nor does the Xv
 stuff. Anyhow, I'm happy now, thanks for your help. Maybe this also
 will help some of the others having issues.

-Mark
--
  Mark Frey
  markfrey at fastmail.fm