[mythtv] Overscan doing weird things (wrapping) with bob deinterlace

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon May 2 00:33:28 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-30 at 09:34 -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
> Joe Barnhart wrote:
> > There is a "horzontal overscan" issue with the current nVidia driver,
> > whether using XvMC or not.  It only occurs with 1080i output, and
I'm using nVidia's 66.29 driver, and I can't reproduce any problems
horizontal overscan.

> That would be an entirely different issue. There are three or
> four bugs that crept in during Daniel's recent changes and I didn't
> want to nit pick while major changes were still underway. This is
> probably overdue =).
It's better to report bugs early, especially simpler ones. It's
easier to track down what changes caused the problem that way.
This problem was reported with the SiS drivers, but I never got
enough

> Bob frames mis-align when myth's vertical overscan is greater than
> zero. This has been a regression since the XV/XvMC merge patch ~4/22.
Ok, I can't reproduce this...

I DO get a bob when vertical overscan is greater than 5%....

> To reproduce, go to TV Setting->Playback. Set "Deinterlace playback"
> with "Bob" on the first page. On page 8, Overscan, set Vertical
> over/underscan percentage to 6. Next then Finish. Start playback.
> The picture is centered too high with the top cutoff and the bottom
> has a mis-colored flickering area. Press Pause or any key that
> changes the playback speed and the frame will be centered again
> until normal playback continues.

Are you doing output to a monitor or your TV?

What driver & hardware?

-- Daniel