[mythtv] XVMC in latest CVS

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Sun May 1 15:41:34 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 21:48 -0700, Chris White wrote:
> >> This is the relevant bit, Direct Rendering is not available.
> >> This means two things:
> >>  1/ I need to test for this in GetBestSupportedCodec(), which will make
> >>     the failure less "Spectacular".
> >>  2/ We need to find out why direct rendering is not working for you.
> >>     What is your display variable set to? The command: echo \"$DISPLAY\"
> >>     should display something like: ":0" or ":1" or ":0.2", etc
> >>
> >> -- Daniel
> >>

> Never mind, I seem to have found it. /etc/X11/XvMCConfig was pointing to
> libviaXvmc.so.1. I aimed it at libXvMCNVIDIA.so and all seems to work.
> Wonder why it worked at all before...

I believe this /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file is new as of X.org 6.8.2.

Perhaps you upgraded your X server since the last time you compiled
XvMC? ./configure will try to link to libXvMCW if it exists, otherwise
it tries to link to the vendor specific libraries. You were probably
linking to the vendor specific libXvMCNVIDIA before upgrading the
X server to one that includes libXvMCW...

-- Daniel