[mythtv] Fwd: Playback sometimes freezes on jump or FF / stream time position problem

Louie Ilievski loudawg at comcast.net
Wed Mar 30 23:14:48 UTC 2005

I'm running CVS as of Sunday, 3/26, and have noticed an issue with playback
 of recordings.  The problem is somewhat random, and happens mostly when I
 skip commercials.  When hit the skip button, it jumps to the skip point, but
 often freezes.  I can sometimes remedy the problem by pausing and then
 unpausing it, but other times, the frontend becomes unresponsive.  It
 restarts just fine and all is well again.  Nothing out of the ordinary is
 showing up in the logs when I do --verbose all or --verbose playback, and
 the backend log is not showing anything either.  I am running on an Intel
 board with a PVR-350, using the 350's TV-Out framebuffer and decoder.  There
 are no DMA errors or anything whatsoever in my dmesg from ivtv, just the
 normal decoder set messages from saa7115.  I've been having problems
 re-creating this issue in FW/REW, but I remember it happening at least once
 the other day when I was fast forwarding, so this is why I'm mentioning it
 here.  I can re-create it every time by jumping, however.

One more issue I'd like to bring up is the stream position timestamp.  When
FFing in 3x mode, the time still increments at 1x only, as if it were playing
in normal play mode.  In 3x RW, it works properly.  In 5x or more, it works
fine with both FF/REW

Here are some basic specs, but I will supply anything more if needed.

Celeron 1.3 on Intel mobo
PVR-350, using framebuffer and decoder for playback

MythTV CVS 3/26/05
Gentoo Linux, 2.6.11-gentoo-r4 kernel