[mythtv] Feature Request

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Wed Mar 30 23:03:20 UTC 2005

Gabe Schneider wrote:

>My request:  Multiple recording rules for one tv show.
>
>eg:  I want to record new episodes of the Simpsons
>with one set of
>options and old episodes of the Simpsons with other
>options.

I think you could accomplish it with:

Recording schedule 1: Record using the "only record new episodes" options
Recording schedule 2: Record using match duplicates

Set schedule 1 higher than schedule 2 and it should take precedence over
the other.  The second will then record all remaining episodes
regardless of the "Repeat" indicator.

Kevin