[mythtv] Insertion of external recordings into MythTV's recordings list

Kevin James rincewind at kjames.net
Mon Mar 28 21:28:26 UTC 2005

Hi again
So I've managed to get my TiVo streams read from my TiVo, grabbed the
programme data and inserted it into the "recorded" table, so that they
are merged into my recordings list. However, When I start playing one of
these files, skip forward works intermittently / not at all, and the
time length of the file is reported incorrecly on the OSD. I get the
following in the trace window:

[mpegvideo_xvmc_vld @ 0xb79d1cd4]warning: first frame is no keyframe
[mpegvideo_xvmc_vld @ 0xb79d1cd4]Past frame is a B frame in
findPastSurface

I have no idea what this means, but I'm guessing that something is
missing from the mpeg file created from the TiVo stream. If someone who
knows about the playback part of Myth can give me a clue, I can go and
try to find something to fix my files with.

Cheers,
Kev.