[mythtv] Re: Re: [mythtv-commits] mythtv commits

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Mar 28 19:07:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 01:42:23PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Hence my comment about allowing this via osd.xml.  Pick a syntax to
> > allow it, and I'll try to add it.
>
> There's already stuff in there to draw in a specific order.  That should be
> enough, if the OSD theme is designed properly.  I'd rather think that you
> should be fixing the theme, instead of disallowing stuff to overlap like
> this.

No, adjusting the draw order isn't enough.  I don't ever want one OSD
set showing through the translucent part of another.  That makes for
nice eye candy, but not a pleasing interface, IMHO.

Furthermore, some input modes key off the status set being active.  It
would be very confusing in these modes if the status set was active
but was totally obscured by another OSD set.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net