[mythtv] [patch] MythGame improvements

Ed Wildgoose lists at wildgooses.com
Mon Mar 28 09:48:40 UTC 2005

>Hope this is useful to someone as well as me!

I really like the sound of this!

My idea was to have multiple root nodes for each sort order, then the
first few nodes in each subtree become the next sort order or else the
rest of the nodes are the items themselves.

So you can start sorting by [Year] then you get perhaps "[By Name]" or
else you get the list of years.  And so on down the tree.

I had in mind that favourites might be a toggle so you get get quite
deep down the tree and toggle favs on or off quickly to help locate a
ROM, or pick a variation on the normal rom....

Anyway, I think you have done most of the ground work on this, I will
try and have a look at implementing my variation based on what you have
done.  Thanks for your work

Ed W