[mythtv] GMT -> BST broke my tv guide data

mythtv at merkx.demon.nl mythtv at merkx.demon.nl
Mon Mar 28 08:23:21 UTC 2005

Hi,

It broke for me too... Was easy to fix by re-running mythfilldatabase...

Problem is when mythfilldatabase runs before the DST time change (<02:00
am), and recordings are scheduled after the time change. All these
recordings are then scheduled an hour too early.
(well actually, they are scheduled on time according to the guide data,
but *all* the guide data is an hour off).

If you then run mythfilldatabase *after* the DST time change, the guide
data gets corrected, and recordings are on time.

Quick workaround is to change your crontab to run mythfilldatabase after
03:00 am.

But the real question is, does MythTV expect guide data in UTC or in
local time and is XMLTV (in my case tv_grab_nl) delivering/converting it
correctly???

Stanley.