[mythtv] [patch] 3 minor DVB/HDTV patches

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 26 16:37:48 UTC 2005

Quoting Doug Larrick <doug at ties.org>:
> * code to locally check the CRC of ATSC EIT and ETT packets.  This is
> #ifdef'd out, but I included it as a potential debug aid, and to show
> how little code it actually is :-)

I think we fixed this by the other day when I started excluding the syntax bit
entries that were 0.  So I would prefer to reduce the ammount of debug code in
the code.. I figure over time it will probbably not get removed and become more
cruft.. Besides we shouldn't have CRC32 routines all over the place..

> * Minimal support for MSS (multiple segment strings) with more than one
> segment.  Someday this should put them into a data structure indexed by
> language or some such, but for now it just concatenates them all
> together delimited by double semicolon.  One of my stations seems to
> like to use these occasionally in their program descriptions, though
> both segments are English and contain different information.

Can you break this part out and I will apply it..

> * Don't complain about descriptor 0x81 in ATSC EIT.  0x81 is the AC3
> audio descriptor, which we could eventually use to more intelligently
> pick a default audio stream.

I'd prefer to make it complain until we add an ATSC AC3 Descriptor parser.. In
TS mode all associated streams are recorded, so it would only be useful only
when its present in the guide in saving what type of Audio is used in the
programs tables..

Taylor