[mythtv] DVB: Anybody using software filtering?

Taylor Jacob rtjacob at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 25 18:37:56 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesper Sörensen <jesper at datapartner.se>:

> I don't know what the "filtering limitations" are and I don't see how
> this option could "fix" it so unless someone is actually using this and
> can tell me more about it I'm planning to rip it out to simplify some
> things... Anyone?

I think this is intended to open the raw transport stream and handle all the pid
filtering in software.. I really don't see this being useful at all, and is just
more cruft that out to be removed from setup as well as the recorder.

This of course would only work on hw filtering cards for when the pid limit is
maxed out.. I will have to pull up the code, but I don't think that its worth
keeping at all..

Taylor