[mythtv] getting player status during live tv

Michael Dellisanti mdellisanti at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 17:27:30 UTC 2005

I am writing a custom remote control interface for a
new remote that I am creating and I am not sure what
the best way is to go about getting the status of the
player (play, pause, rew, ffw, etc).  My code is very
similar to the lirc remote implementation - a separate
process is spawned out of the MythMainWindow
constructor.  I would like to know the state of the
player so I can handle events from the remote
differently.  If anyone could give me a pointer it
would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Mike