[mythtv] Can't run anything after CVS update (verbose_mutex?)

Nicholas McCoy mccoyn at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:06:52 UTC 2005

I updated from CVS yesterday and now nothing seems to work.  I did
make sure my settings.pro was up to date with CVS.  At first I got
linking errors, which I was able to elimnate with ./configure
--xrandr.  After that, it built and installed without errors.  When I
rebooted the system the only thing that ran properly was mythbackend.

When I try to run mythfrontend from a console I get this:
mythfrontend: relocation error: mythfrontend: undefined symbol:
_ZN11MythContext13verbose_mutexE

If I try it as super user, it starts fine.  Once I get that working,
the remote doesn't work.  irw shows that the signals are getting to
lirc properly.

When the backend tries to run mythcommflag I get the relocation error
in the log again:
2005-03-23 17:30:17.740 Starting Commercial Flagging for "The
Simpsons" recorded from channel 1014 at Wed Mar 23 17:00:00 2005.
mythcommflag: relocation error: mythcommflag: undefined symbol:
_ZN11MythContext13verbose_mutexE
2005-03-23 17:30:18.684 Commercial Flagging ERRORED for "The Simpsons"
recorded from channel 1014 at Wed Mar 23 17:00:00 2005, unable to find
mythcommflag, check your PATH.

I have a P3 500 Mhz system running Knoppmyth.