[mythtv] MythMusic: MetaLibrarian RFC

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Mar 23 19:39:36 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 05:15 am, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> If there is suitible unrest however, I will undertake to write a simple
> ID3v2.3 tagger specifically for Myth. It is relativly trivial to write
> (I've read the specs till blue in the face), so should not pose any
> great challenge to me.

I'd rather just drop support for writing id3 tags and encoding to mp3,
personally.  There's really no reason to have it in mythmusic.

If you're using myth as a standalone system, then the default encoding
mechanisms (ogg + flac) work much better, have sane metadata systems, better
quality, etc.  If you're not using myth as a standalone system, then there's
plenty of other tools available that'll do the job better and more
efficiently.

Isaac