[mythtv] pvr350 and DVB

Marcus Metzler mocm at mocm.de
Wed Mar 23 14:46:24 UTC 2005

    Taylor> Quoting Marcus Metzler <mocm at mocm.de>:
    >> Do I need to run X11 (ivtvdev) on the pvr350 in order to get it
    >> working with mythtv?  I am asking because I could not get it to
    >> run with ivtv-0.2.0-rc3e and kernel 2.6.11.4 yet.  How do I
    >> tell mythtv to use the pvr350? I set the option n settings.pro
    >> (before the new configure) and also in the Setup for video
    >> output. Is that enough?

    Taylor> Not sure about the ivtv stuff I have retired my 350 for tv
    Taylor> playback..

    >> Am I correct in assuming that the mythtv won't play transport
    >> streams on the pvr350? If so, would ivtvdecoder.cpp be the
    >> place to add support for it? Will mythtv try playing TS even if
    >> it can't or is that blocked somewhere?

    Taylor> I don't believe the pvr350 can.. If you know otherwise I
    Taylor> would love to see it be able to playback ts files (even if
    Taylor> a ps transform is used in ivtvdecoder).  I didn't spend
    Taylor> much time on it though..

I M still trying to decide if I add a dvb dvr device with software
demuxes to the ivtv driver, or if I just do a ts2ps in
ivtvdecoder. The latter is probably less work in the short run.

    >> And one more thing, I just got a new diseqc switch which can
    >> handle 10 inputs and uses different diseqc commands for
    >> switching the inputs. Where do I have to add support for that?
    >> (Instead of e0 10 38 (f0 | (nr*4)) 00 00 it uses e0 10 39
    >> (f0|nr) 00
    >> 00)
    >> I already tried it with libdvb and it works fine (not included
    >> the version on the website).

    Taylor> 10 inputs!  Wow.. I want
    Taylor> one.. libs/libmythtv/dvbdiseqc.cpp I think you will have
    Taylor> to add a new diseqc type for that puppy though, so it will
    Taylor> touch more than just that one file.. A line or two in
    Taylor> videosource.cpp..

OK, I will see that I can add that. The switch is called sw101d and
has also 6 different methods to switch between the LNBs. I chose
method 2. Try a google search and you will see what I am talking
about.

Marcus

| mocm at metzlerbros.de            | http://www.metzlerbros.de/        |
 |>>>             Quis custodiet ipsos custodies                 <<<|