[mythtv] New configure script oddities

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Tue Mar 22 21:10:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 09:44 -0500, Anduin Withers wrote:
> If one is foolish enough to pass --cpu=i686 in to the configure script it
> isn't really honored. The problem is that through normal auto-detection $cpu
> would be set to x86, in the case where it is overridden this transformation
> doesn't occur (that chunk of script is before the option processing chunk)
> this leads to unpleasant things like TARGET_ARCH_X86=yes not being output to
> config.mak.

Can you try the attached patch? It should pass the --cpu and --tune
parameters down without problems. (And tell you if they are invalid for
your compiler.)

BTW is the cpu detection not working for you? I'd like the configure
script not to require parameters except for cross-compiling and turning
on experimental features.

-- Daniel