[mythtv] New configure script oddities

Neale Swinnerton mythtv-dev.spam at isismanor.com
Tue Mar 22 20:28:26 UTC 2005

Well, I was just the using the same .ebuild that I used to work. That
ebuild needs reworking for the new configure script, but I got the same
problems from the command line...

> What flags did you pass to ./configure? I have the same CPU and my
> flags in release mode are:

no flags :-)

$ cat config.log
Tue Mar 22 20:22:08 GMT 2005
   ./configure

but CFLAGS was set to -funroll-loops -fprefetch-loop-arrays -pipe

Anduin said that certain combinations of CFLAGS can cause the compiler to
get confused in this way. I guess if you use agressive CFLAGS then you're
gonna get these problems. In this situation adding -fomit-frame-pointer
sorts it out for me. Maybe a warning in the configure output is
appropriate...

> Can you tell me what the output of ./configure was, and the locations of
> gcc, ccache and distcc in your path?

The actually distcc error is:

distcc[10764] (dcc_mkdir) ERROR: mkdir /var/tmp/.distcc/lock failed: No
such file or directory

This may be down to some interaction between Gentoo's ebuild system and
your configure script, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Here's the info you wanted...

$ ./configure
# Basic Settings
Compile type     release
Compiler cache   no
DistCC           yes
Install prefix   /usr/local
CPU              x86
Big Endian       no
MMX enabled      yes
Vector Builtins  no

# Input Support
Joystick menu    yes
lirc support     yes
ivtv support     yes
FireWire support no
DVB support      no [/usr/src/linux-2.6.11-gentoo-r4-bytesex-kraxel1/include]

# Sound Output Support
OSS support      yes
ALSA support     yes
aRts support     yes
JACK support     no

# Video Output Support
x11 support      yes
xrandr support   yes
xv support       yes
XvMC support     no
XvMC VLD support no
OpenGL vsync     no

Creating config.mak and config.h

$ type -p distcc
/usr/bin/distcc
$ type -p gcc
/usr/bin/gcc
$ type -p ccache

(i'm not using ccache, that's a project for another day...)