[mythtv] 'stable' tag proposal

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Tue Mar 22 16:52:11 UTC 2005

>> > You have _not_ offered to help improve the situation.  You've offered
>> > help move to subversion.  That's not the same thing.
>> >
>> > Are you now changing your offer?
>>
>> What Andrew is proposing would work just fine on CVS as well as
>> subversion.
>
> Of course is will (that's my whole point), but he's not offered to
> actually _do_ anything before.

I am not familiar enough with CVS to help you implement my suggestions
using it.  I _am_ familiar enough with subversion (and perforce, if you
perhaps want to spend a few hundred dollars a head :) ) to do this stuff.

Perhaps as a first pass, I could set up a subversion repository and a trac
installation to give you a preview of how it would look.  Would it be
possible for me to get a tarball of the cvs repository for import into
subversion?

Look, I'm really not trying to be an asshole.  I really, really do want to
help mythtv improve, because I believe it is a very worthwhile piece of
software.  I see issues with the development process that I have seen
other places and I am trying to offer a way to improve that process.  I
know it's not code that i'm contributing, and so it's hard to quantify how
much good I could/would do, but honestly, I do believe changing some of
the development policy on this project would improve everyone's lives.

andy