[mythtv] DVB, HD-2000, and CRCs

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Tue Mar 22 12:53:26 UTC 2005

Taylor Jacob wrote:
> It appears that the drivers ONLY check tables that have the
> section_syntax_indicator set.. This is the correct thing to do, but if that 1
> bit is screwed up you will be in trouble.. I got a number of tables that were
> dropped because of this.. Can you try the attached patch, and let me know if
> you get other tables slipping through that are bad?  I need to validate the DVB
> docs before I use this as a blanket solution hence no commit on this one yet..

I'm definitely seeing some messages from this patch; no CRC errors
slipped through on EIT/ETT tables yet, but it's not like I can produce
one on demand :-)  I'll leave it running today and get back to you this
evening.

Even if there's some other problem with the drivers' CRC checking or
with how we're requesting it, it seems to me that this check is a good
idea.  I suppose it would be reasonable to blast that bit to 1 and see
if the CRC then passes (in the unlikely event it was the only damaged
bit), but that's probably too much trouble.

-Doug