[mythtv] should mythtv be forked?

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Tue Mar 22 07:26:12 UTC 2005

HI!

Isaac Richards wrote:

> I'm using it as much as people submitting to it are.  I don't use it for my
> own bugs I find, because I fix them as I find them, and going through the
> process of submitting a bug for myself, and then marking it as fixed
> immediately seems rather silly.

Some time ago, in our company, they forced us to make entries in the bug
tracker even for our own bugs, which we found by ourselves. At first I
thought this is silly, too. But now, I have changed my mind. It is more
work for the developers (however, compared to reproducing, fixing,
debugging and testing, it's not much), but it greatly helps the project,
because issues can be better tracked. Other people (also other devs)
find this information in the bug tracker very useful and it also helps
for the release notes.

Thomas