[mythtv] tarballs

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 04:05:21 UTC 2005

Question #1
So the tarballs, they are typically just the source right, there is no
binary available for download from the mythtv site right now is that
correct?
Would it be a good idea to create a couple of basic binaries for people
to try out?

Question # 2
I have been running CVS with few problems for the last several weeks.
Are there any objections to creating a tarball from  today's CVS?
There is a major change in the configure system so the howto would have
to be modified, but I could do that at the same time that I create a
changelog.

Here is a quick list of Major (ie things users might care about)
changes since the .17 release:
If you have any feedback, please let me have it

Lots of work on nuvexport
Improvements to minimalist-wide theme
Fix audio reinit bug
Quicker exiting on recorded shows
Fix some infinite loops if attempting to pause at the wrong time.
Face lift for the manual schedule page
Use recording colors in a more consistant way
OSD fixes when using BOB deinterlace
Add a --gencutlist option to mythcommflag which will create a cutlist
for a recording from the commercial skip list.
Fixed bug when transcoding or commflagging where jobs were not being
setup to run on the proper host if JobsRunOnRecordHost was ON.
Add the ability to resize video while transcoding
Audio fixes in transcoding
enable SI units in mythweather (config option in mythweb)
add a config option to show only mythtv "favorite" channels
Fix bug to allow delete if file does not exist
Transcoder now can transcode files on remote machines as long as the
remote machine has access to the filesystem the recordings are stored
on (nfs)
ability to use Logo Detection by itself for Commercial detection
Fixed crash during bootstrapping in some situations
Fix a bug in (RTJPEG|MPEG-4) -> (RTJPEG|MPEG-4) transcoding
allow starting and stopping of User Jobs from the Info popup menu on
the Watch Recordings screen
Add Aspect Ratio change detection to the "ALL" Commercial Flagging
detection
Improved manual recording support
Allow drives declared as only supporting UDF to be recognized as CDs by
the media monitor
Corrected memory size stats
Fail cleanly on a common OS X compilation problem
Current schedule will reflect any stop or delete of recordings in
progress
Fix segfault in mythfilldatabase
enable more compiler optimizations on PPC
Tweaked the FF/Rew logic a little to reduce the "jump back, then go"
effect when entering FF mode
Multiple screen sanity (on Mac OS X, and Xinerama)
Fix freezing bug when trying to skip the final commercial break
Myth can now handle non-p2p firewire connections
disable the screensaver when hitting PLAY
Apply jobs (commflag/transcode) to a playlist
Allow autoexpire if file for recording is missing
allow transcoding recordings that aren't either 25 or 29.97fps
Plextor ConvertX usb mpeg4 encoder support.
Remove startup delay with playback of mpeg-ts files
automagical configure script

Geoff Kruse