[mythtv] [DVB] Broken keyframe detection

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Mon Mar 21 23:10:53 UTC 2005

>> If you look at the differences between the PS/TS code you might be able
>> to figure out what's causing your problems? In the long run it would be
>> nice to merge all the keyframe code though (move it to recorderbase?),
>> or at least the TS/PS stuff, although that might be a little more work?
>

> Okie - I don't have MPEG specs yet...  est. 3 days till the dead trees
> come in.

Ok, let me know if you want help tracking it down in PDF in the mean time.

> I'll see if I can spot the difference between TS recording and TS
> playback frame detection.  I had been waiting to look at this PCR PID
> thing.

Yeah, were you able to use the patch I sent the other day? I don't know
if your problems have anything to do with the PCRPID but someone
suggested it so it might be worth looking into, at least to dismiss it.

> I'm not sure that it is 'key'frame detection that is broken.  It is
> the frames between the key frames that aren't being counted.  That is
> also why I had an interest in the 'keyframedist' variable
> DecoderBase::SyncPositionMap().

Yeah, you're right. It's not really the "keyframe" detection but it's
part of that code so I used that term. It's the code that indexes the
frames and stuffs the data into the db. :-)

Good luck.