[mythtv] Who knows about: TvRec::TvRec && ChannelBase && Channel stuff ?

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Fri Mar 18 17:53:47 UTC 2005

> When this occurs, LiveTV runs
> for about 15
> seconds and then errors are detected and I am thrown back to the main
> menu. Once this
> starts happening, it continues happening, even through multiple reboots.

This is usually caused by mythbackend starting when the device permissions
aren't right. Check your backend logs for "Channel(blah)::Open" messages (or
the next time this happens just try restarting mythbackend, if it works look
into the permissions issue).

Yes how myth handles it I'd call a bug, but it only shows when the
permissions aren't right (only condition I know of) and well, other things
(like recordings starting right when myth starts) aren't going to work with
the permissions wrong anyway.

--
Anduin Withers