[mythtv] Playback and yuv2rgb_init_mmx/yuv2rgb_init_mmxext ?

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Thu Mar 17 21:16:32 UTC 2005

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Thursday 17 March 2005 01:51 pm, Michael J. Lynch wrote:
>

>>Am I missing something here, or have I stumbled across something
>>significant?
>>

>The fact that the code in question is used only for the little preview window
>on the playback screen?

Doh!!  Ok, I thought maybe something like that was what I was missing.  I
should have known it couldn't possibly be that easy.  :-)  Myth is a large
project and there is not really any architecture documentation that
I've been able to find, and I'm just starting to learn my way around the
code.

Does the NUV player decode the various NUV formats (RTJPEG, MPEG4,
or MPEG2) into some intermediate format and then just send those frames
off to the video driver (XV, XVMC, or IVTV) to be scaled and displayed?

Am I correct in that there is one thread used to fill buffers with audio
and video data, a thread used to display video, and a thread used to
play audio?

--
Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown