[mythtv] MythGame improvements - was Re: MythGame bug

Barney Barumba b004908 at bsxl.com
Thu Mar 17 14:37:53 UTC 2005

> Barney Barumba schrieb:
>
>>Further to my last post, the basic ideas I'm working with for
>> gametree.cpp
>>are:
>>

> Not gametree related, but also a suggestion for mythgame. I would
> prefere to elimante all configurations for xmame. I modified my mythgame
> to pass no further arguments to mame. All my configuration is done in
> xmamerc. So I can use newest xmame 0.92 and mythgame is not broken for
> every new xmame version.
>
> Kristian.

I had the same issue. Rather than change the code, an easy workaround is
to create a shell script, and set this as the mame executable in the
mythgame config. You can set what values you like in the shell script, and
leave the rest to be picked up from mamerc.

As of 0.17, my script is:

#!/bin/bash

# get rom name from last commandline parameter
until [ -z "$1" ]
do
  if [ $1 = "-lr" ]
  then
    command=list
  fi
  rom=$1
  shift
done

# list or run as required
if [ $command = "list" ]
then
  /usr/games/xmame -lr $rom
else
  /usr/games/xmame -skip_disclaimer -noskip_gameinfo -video-mode 1
-fullscreen -scale 1 $rom
fi

Bit of a hack, but it works fine for me!

Barney