[mythtv] Module API

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Sun Mar 13 17:33:20 UTC 2005

Alberto Alonso wrote:

>Is there any documentation describing the API for creating
>modules?

Other than reading the code of an existing plugin nope.

>It isn't clear what the requirements are for creating a simple
>module.

Implement the following functions:
int mythplugin_init(const char *libversion);
int mythplugin_run(void);
int mythplugin_config(void);

>I would prefer to create it in C, not C++.

While you *can* create plugins in straight C, you're not going to be
able to leverage any of the myth code for GUIs and the like.

>Also please note that reading code != API documentation.

That's all there is...

>I've looked at the mythrecipe module for what seemed like a simple example, but
>the minimum API requirements are not clear.

You're better off working with one of the official plugins, such as
mythnews.