[mythtv] DVB subtitles

Pekka Jääskeläinen pjaaskel at cs.tut.fi
Sun Mar 13 10:16:26 UTC 2005

Hello,

I would like to help in implementing the DVB subtitles support
for the MythTV. I know C/C++ pretty well, but I don't know the MythTV
internals, thus I don't know where to start, or how to do it cleanly.
I browsed the documentation of the code available at the Wiki,
not much help in there for me, unfortunately.

Mainly I think I need to know how the DVB demuxer works, so I know
how to pick and capture the correct DVB subtitle stream. Secondly, I
need to know how to put the subtitle graphics on top of the video. Is
there some kind of overlay API in MythTV? Third, I need to create a
setup option for the wanted subtitle language, how it's done?

This feature is the main thing I'm missing from the otherwise great
MythTV.

I hope to get some advice for from where to start/how to help,

Pekka from Tampere, Finland.