[mythtv] Incorrect scaling on 5:4 ratio display devices

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Sun Mar 13 07:43:52 UTC 2005

Per Åge Sørvik wrote:
> Something seems to be wrong with the scaling code. I've got 5:4,16:10
> and 16:9 display devices, and the DisplaySize set to reflect the
> correct ratio in the X* config files on the different machines. All
> content scaless correctly on the 16:9 & 16:10 devices, but on the 5:4
> displays, 4:3 content is stretched to full screen, and 16:9 content is
> stretched so its slightly to tall. It looks like the 5:4 ratio devices
> is incorrectly treated as 4:3 devices. This is with mythtv 0.17.
> Setting the aspect ratio in the meny doesn't change anything. No big
> deal, but an indication that something is wrong with the scaling.
>
> --
>
> peråge

Hi Peråge,

This is probably due to the code I added to elimiante problems with
X-Server Aspect ratio rounding errors. I did not think anyone
would be using 5:4 displays :)

Could you try changing the following lines in the function
VideoOutput::MoveResize() in the file libs/libmythtv/videooutbase.cpp
at about line 410:

     // Check if close to 4:3
     if(fabs(displayAspect - 1.333333) < 0.1)
         displayAspect = 1.333333;

     // Check if close to 16:9
     if(fabs(displayAspect - 1.777777) < 0.1)
         displayAspect = 1.777777;

Change the 0.1 to 0.05 (5%).

Terry