[mythtv] Any way to force DVB Audio PIDS in 0.17 ??

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sat Mar 12 16:21:13 UTC 2005

John wrote:

> I have a problem with the Auto-pid functionality. Although it is great
> leap forward for most channels, there are some channels where audio
> pids are present, but either unassigned a language or not flagged at
> all. An example are the Taquilla PPV channels on D+.
>
> Taqulilla 3-5 are properly signed with Spanish as the first language,
> and the original language on the next PID (and flagged as english).
> The addition of PrefferedLanguage 'eng' to settings table works, and
> the original language is recorded.
>
> Taquilla 1,2,6,7 also transmit the original language as the spanish
> audio PID+1, but dont flag the existence of this PID.

You mean it's not in the PMT? Maybe there is some kind of descriptor
magic going on that gives a pointer to the PID? Try some dvbsnooping of
the various DVB tables and see if you can find it somewhere? Otherwise
I'd say the data stream is pretty broken... :(

> Setting the Audio PIDs by hand in mythtv 0.16 or progdvb under windows
> allows the "hidden" audio track to be recorded.
>
> Is there a way to manually set PIDS for certain channels, or a patch
> to force ?

Nope.

> An approach would be to check the dvb_pids table, and use anything set
> there, or default to the current auto-pids code (which works well for
> all other channels.)

It probably would be possible to make some kind of override via the
privatetypes table but that would be pretty ugly and I really hope it
won't be needed.