[mythtv] [BUG?] Endless waiting for thread...

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Mar 10 15:40:36 UTC 2005

> from ever getting a lock in order to replenish the queue?  When I saw
> this error, the loop was executing very quickly:
>
> 2005-03-07 22:21:32.326 waiting for a thread..
> 2005-03-07 22:21:32.346 waiting for a thread..

50 microseconds isn't very long which means, yes, pretty fast to print
failures.

You could try increasing the timeout but that isn't the problem. I'm
attaching a tiny piece of code that will generate the error immediately (you
need to run it pool size + 1 (currently 6) times within the timeout (5
seconds)).

This locks all available pool threads in a readBlock, there is no escape as
the main event loop isn't called from the pool check (so even when the
socket disconnects the signal won't have a chance to trigger).

--
Anduin Withers