[mythtv] Error in safe_read and writeblock

Brian C. Huffman huffman at graze.net
Thu Mar 10 12:34:23 UTC 2005

I'm running CVS from the evening of the 8th of March however I've seen this for
some time, I think.

If I allow the ringbuffer to fill while watching livetv and then I rewind all
the way to the beginning of the ringbuffer (100%), it freezes for a while and
once it returns if I once again hit rewind, then I see a couple of things.  the
status indicator shows over 100%full and I see the following messages in the
backend log:

ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
2005-03-10 07:05:34.043 WriteBlock zerocnt timeout
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Bad address
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
ERROR: file I/O problem in 'safe_read()': Invalid argument
2005-03-10 07:05:35.321 WriteBlock zerocnt timeout

When it returns it seems that it's reading from the wrong point in the ring -
e.g. it's showing the point that I should be seeing at the end rather than the
beginning.

Brian