[mythtv] Problems with QAM scanning on Air2PC

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Mar 10 07:06:45 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 22:39, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 19 February 2005 07:33, thor wrote:
> > Probably for Taylor:
> >
> >  Snippet of console output from setup program scanning for channels (in a
> > part of the channels where there is some actual QAM):
[...]
> >  The dtv_multiplex table gets populated, but after the scan there are
> > simply no channels listed. As I mentioned on IRC, I have a standalone
> > samsung HDTV box, so I know that QAM is working on the cable.
> >
> >  You probably need more output than that, but it's not immediately
> > obvious to me what I need to do to SIPARSER() and SISCAN() defines in the
> > .h's to make them produce more output.
>
> I'm in exactly the same boat. When I use azap w/the QAM256 channels.conf,
> it shows locks on all the channels I'd expect to see locks on (and then
> some)
[...]
> Is this possibly one of the issues some of the
> recently-sent-to-the-dev-list DVB scanwizard clean-up patches should
> address? Back to it, will probably give a few of 'em a shot this weekend if
> nobody knows. :-)

Just started looking at the dvb mailing list. Too many lists, not enough
time... A few others are running into the same thing. Even w/azap locking on,
folks can't get data off cable, so it looks to me like a dvb driver issue.
What driver versions are folks that have working cable HD w/their Air2PC
running? I'm currently running a build from 2/28 cvs (w/Myth built against
the same headers). About to cvs up again though...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com