[mythtv] Four issues

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 10 04:02:52 UTC 2005

[mailto:mythtv-dev-bounces at mythtv.org]

> Hi,
>    I am seeing four issues with current CVS.  I'd like to help
tracking
> them (at least the first two) down, but I'm unsure where to start.  I
> do AI, video streaming is new to me.
>
>    The first two issues are by far the most annoying.  Interestingly,
> they are mutually exclusive :).  I use a DVB-T card.  If I use PS then
> I lose sound.  If I use TS then I get strange timing issues.
>
>    First the sound.  I've seen people here talk about it.  The DVB
card
> is set to return the DVB program stream.  Occasionally sound drops out
> - usually at the start of the recording, or when there is a glitch in
> the signal.  (I must admit I've only verified the 'start of recording'
> one with current cvs.  The correlation with glitches is from CVS of a
> week ago.)  I've grabbed verbose output for this before, and couldn't
> see anything unusual.
>
>    If I switch to recording TS streams then channel change takes
longer.
>   The really annoying thing is the time stretch issue.  On two of the
> five channels I have (SBS and 7) everything is fine.  On the other
> three channels (ABC, 9 and 10), the timing is strange.  In particular,
> video seems to play fine (normal speed), but when recording the 'total
> time' of the video ticks over about 5 times slower than normal.  When
> the recording ends, its 'total time' value is only 1/5th of the actual
> length of time recorded (e.g 6 mins for a 30 min show).  During
> playback, the video runs at normal speed, and the 'current time'
> counter ticks over at normal speed.  If you're watching while
> recording, then the current time can catch up with the 'total time'
> entry.  The video keeps playing after you reach 'total time', but the
> info display just shows 6 min / 6 min.  Also, when you skip forward or
> backwards, the system skips the current time to the appropriate
> location (+30s or -5s) , but because the recorded timestamps were
> ticking over slowly, this end up being a skip of about 5 times the
> length it should have.

I'm seeing your second problem too, using today's CVS. I hadn't noticed
the problem being related to specific channels, but now after looking
through my recordings I see that I am having the problems with the same
channels as you. Running mythcommflag --rebuild on the recording didn't
help either. If anyone would like I can provide a sample recording.

Cheers,
-Kent