[mythtv] [BUG?] Endless waiting for thread...

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Mar 10 01:49:25 UTC 2005

> Unfortunately I ran into this problem doing nothing out of the
> ordinary.  Would it be appropriate for the code, once it notices an
> empty pool, to kick off an event of function that replenishes the pool
> as MainServer does when it starts?

Yes, seemingly innocent actions can cause it, I remember the first time I
reported it you could generate it by hitting refresh in mythweb quickly (you
can't do this anymore, the fix was to mythweb though).

I think the better solution would be to make it work right. I'm not a big
fan of how it is done currently (I've volunteered to write code to "fix" it
but as usual never actually delivered).

Growing the pool size is one option (though clearly you can't grow it
unbounded), another is forcing the app loop (but this was done before, and
has other issues I believe), still another (and the one I always venture
down, mostly because of serious trust issues) would be to abandon this
portion of Qt in favor of a new wheel.

It is a bug, it is relatively easy to reproduce, it just requires someone to
fix it.

--
Anduin Withers