[mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

andrew burke aburke at bitflood.org
Wed Mar 9 22:42:09 UTC 2005

>> >Why do you manually delete things, if autoexpire is turned on?
>>
>> 1.  It cleans up the clutter.  I don't like seeing weeks and weeks worth
>> of recordings in my list after I have watched them.
>
> <shrug>  That's why things are listed newest first. =)

I delete recordings off of my tivo (since i'm still waiting for more
stable firewire support to totally switch to myth) manually when i'm done
with them, as well, even though they'd eventually be culled.

This opens up space for tivo to grab suggestions, etc.

I personally think a combination of the 'People/Watchers' thing that I
threw out there and analyzing shows to create better metrics for
auto-deletion would be a great leap forward as compared to tivo and the
current myth system.

Of course, I guess this brings up another question:

If the metric is "the more a show is watched, the more likely it is to be
culled as compared to an unwatched show", then there should be another
option regarding auto-delete: "Don't delete unless marked as watched by
all People", perhaps?

andy