[mythtv] Mouse usage

Jason Donahue mythtv at timekiller.org
Wed Mar 9 19:53:13 UTC 2005

I know this was brought up before, but can't remember if an answer was
given...

I am wondering if there is a reason the mouse is disabled in most of
MythTV. I ask because I am building a computer for my car, and will be
using MythTV for the interface. Ideally, I'd like to have a touch
screen, but since the touch screen emulates mouse clicks, it won't work
with MythTV.

I'm not talking about making the mouse VISIBLE, just act the way it does
on screens with buttons, where the mouse isn't seen, but clicking will
register. This would be perfect for touchscreen.

How hard would it be to make mouse clicks work throughout the UI, and is
there any down side ?