[mythtv] Proposed alternate behaviour for show delete

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Wed Mar 9 19:39:25 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 02:28 pm, Brad Templeton wrote:
> Now as I have noted, the "expire is not optional, so delete what you know
> you don't need to protect what you do" is one style of organizing your
> disk space.   Some would rather the system not record a new show they
> asked for to protect old shows.   Some just never delete as you suggest
> and let auto-expire get rid of the shows.  Ideally we want to accomodate
> all.

I think the various existing options work for most purposes (oldest first,
show limit, do/don't record new if there's a show limit, disabled for a
recording id, etc).  Using the original recording priority would be a decent
extension, as would based on if it were watched or not.

I still don't see the point for an undelete function if autoexpire's
explicitly turned on.

Isaac