[mythtv] Slave backend can't fast forward??

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Wed Mar 9 04:58:32 UTC 2005

Over the weekend I started playing with a slave backend.  The
slave backend holds air2pc HD cards, and serves the system with the
global NFS file system.  The master and main frontend mounts the
NFS filesystem and holds 3 pvr-250s and another air2pc card.
The network is 100 mpbs ethernet.

The problem is shows recording on the slave backend, and
played while recording cannot be fast forwarded.  The OSD
shows 0:00 and refuses to fast forward.  Also, a 1 hour show
will show 1:06 in the OSD recording.

Any program recorded by the master backend works fine,
can fast forward and the recording time is correct.

Once the slave backend shows have completed recording,
then they are able to fast forward.  They still show the
1:06 time warp however.

Since this is my first attempt at a slave backend, its
possible I didn't set something up correctly, but don't
know what.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian