[mythtv] only analog audio works?

skrpub skrpub at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 7 00:08:49 UTC 2005

So I just upgraded from 15 to 17, and now my digital audio doesn't work.
Did something change? How can I get it working?

Full details:
I have the digital audio output from the onboard audio going to the
stereo digital in as the analog has too much noise in it. This worked
with 15.

Now, I only get analog output when using myth 17. If I stop myth and run
something like mpg123, I get the digital output just fine, along with
analog. MythTV does give me analog, so the device is right, not muted,
etc. Since I get digital outside of myth, and analog in myth, myth must
be turning off the digital output, right? I didn't see any setting to
control that. (AC3 to SPDIF passthrough didn't work, and doesn't seem
right anyway: this is analog tv.)

Please help. Thanks,
Simon