[mythtv] DVB lockup - a possible solution? - better response

MythTV mythtv at taoyama.com
Sat Mar 5 17:10:52 UTC 2005

What I see happening is that when a channel does not tune 'startchan'
is set blank.  The next time you try to watch TV it can't tune since
'startchan' is blank.  I tried a quick hack in the code that sets
startchan in the database so it wouldn't write a blank field but I view
this as a hack.  The right solution would be to not update 'startchan'
when tuning fails.

I'm away from my system right now and I won't be able to track this
down any further until next weekend but I hope this information helps.

Mino