[mythtv] FF/RW freeze after 10 seconds

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 1 22:31:25 UTC 2005

> make.  Also, if I commercial skip at the end of a recording, it will
> freeze every time for about 5 minutes before returning to the menu.
> I have not done any debugging yet, but the issue has affected all of my

For this one, basically, the commercial flagging is too good. :)

I tracked this down a couple nights ago but hadn't had a chance to commit
the fix to CVS yet.  Basically, the player will only let you seek within
2 seconds of the end of the program (and the editor can only get within
2 seconds of the end as well), but the commercial flagger was putting the
final END marker at the last frame, which was causing the player to
try to reload the seektable to see if there was more info and eventually
it had to go frame-by-frame to get to the desired frame.  These messages
were visible with the playback debugging turned on.  I modified the
commercial flagger to keep the last commercial break END marker at least
2 seconds away from the end of the recording when using the new ALL
detection method.  I don't think this is a problem with the other methods
so I didn't touch those.  I'll try to doublecheck those soon.

I have the fix, so I'll try to get it into CVS tonight or tomorrow.  It
will only apply to newly flagged shows though, so you'll still see the
issue on shows that were flagged with the existing commercial flagger code.

--

Chris