[mythtv] usability bug in mythfrontend

Micah F. Galizia mfgalizi at uwo.ca
Tue Jun 28 23:32:30 UTC 2005

> 1) I would imagine that most people with a real remote
> (i.e. with a channel up and down button) would have done this?

Actually, if you use the Linux input layer, the channel up/down
scancodes are 402 and 403.  XInput, allowing scancodes no greater than
255, is incapable of receiving those keys.  Probably works fine for LIRC
though.

> 2) I have never proposed changing the initial/compiled-in
> default because for people using a PC keyboard, being able
> to change the channels with Up and Down is much more intuitive
> than having to use some other keys.

Yeah tough call.  Who is favoured in this issue of preference.
--
Micah F. Galizia
mfgalizi at uwo.ca

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die
nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is
that he wants to live humbly for one."   --W. Stekel